3How does the Dog Breed Identification test work?
The Dog Breed Identification test will define your canine ancestry going back three generations – parent, grandparent, great-grandparent! Taking the entire DNA profile of the tested dog, the canine breed identification test looks at a total of 1,800 genetic markers, with access to a vast database of over 350 breeds, types and varieties. The test results are one of the most comprehensive you can get when it comes to finding out your pup’s heritage. The following information is included:
- List of the specific breeds in your dog all the way back to their great-grandparents presented in the form of a family tree.
- A full analysis of the dominant breed and secondary breeds. The information provided explains everything you need to know about the breeds found in your pup including their traits, behaviour and history.
- Predicted weight profile for the dog which is based on their breed mix.
- The Wisdom Panel Essential does come with information about breed and weight information.
- Proof of breed paper outlining the findings from your dog’s DNA which serves useful for breeders everywhere.
- Learn if your dog is safe to undergo routine medical procedures. Includes the MDR1 medication sensitivity test, for which Wisdom Health is the ONLY licensed provider.
- From coat color to face and body features. Get a genetically-determined healthy weight range for your dog and partner with your veterinarian to develop a proactive lifelong care plan.
- Wisdom Health offers state-of-the-art genetic service created by world-leading geneticists. Wisdom Health has tested more dogs than any other dog DNA service: 2 MM dogs and counting.
This Dog Breed kit provides passionate dog lovers with a wealth of genetic information which can help them identify their canine’s key traits and understand what makes their pup so unique. The Dog Breed Identification tool is also a great resource that provides dog breeders with extremely important data, and for £89.99 you just cannot beat the value! This test is suitable for mixed-breed, pure bred and designer dogs alike.
Report includes complete breed makeup and family tree going to back to your dog’s great-grandparents.
Collecting the Dog’s DNA Sample
Easy and Fast: Collect your dog’s DNA with a simple cheek-swab. Return sample in prepaid mailer. Results typically provided in as little as three weeks! Once you have completed your order, we will promptly dispatch your canine sample collection kit. Inside the kit, you will find mouth swabs which you need to use to collect the cheek cells required. All you need to do is to gently rub the swab(s) inside your dog’s mouth, against the inner cheek. The rubbing procedure should not take any longer than one minute and is completely pain-free.
You can then proceed to place the used swabs in the envelope, fill in the required documentation and mail everything back to us in the self-addressed envelope. Once samples are in the laboratory, scientists will proceed to analyse the DNA in the canine cheek cells. Results will be sent to you via email within 3 weeks from receipt of samples at the laboratory.
Does this test cover all existing Dog Breeds?
In case your dog was imported from a country other than the United Kingdom, mainland United States, Canada, Australia or Western Europe, or if you suspect that your dog’s ancestors are from outside these countries, your dog’s breed ancestry may not be well represented using the Wisdom Panel dog breed database. This mostly applies to dogs from Eastern Europe, Greece and the Middle East as genetic markers of breeds from these countries are not always compatible with the markers used in our database and this could adversely affect the results.
Special Offers and Discounts
The price of the Dog Wisdom Panel Essential test is £89.
A second or third Dog Wisdom Panel Essential test for your other dog or maybe for a relative or a friend can be purchased at £79 (£10 discount).
Other DNA tests for Dogs
EasyDNA offers other canine DNA testing services which you might be interested in using such as testing for dog allergies and dog paternity testing. Why don’t you take a look at the full list of our dog DNA kits?
Discover your dog’s ancestry and breed by ordering your kit